[AT] tractor book

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Sep 23 21:14:22 PDT 2012

The Serial # 437662 serial # unstyled A is a 1936 model year tractor. About 3/4 th's of
the way into  the model year. The only way to find out more would be to do a serial #
search with Two Cylinder Magazine or at the JD Pavilion in Moline, IL. The archive
information may tell what branch or dealer it was shipped to but typically all the dealer
sales information has been lost.

The 1936 model year ran from Nov 1, 1935 - Oct 31, 1936. There were 17,775 A's made in the
1936 model year. So if one were to assume flat production quantities over the full year
(typically not true) there were approximately 1481 A models made a month. The first 1936
model A serial # in 1936 was 424025. So 437662-424025 = 13637/1481 = 9.2 months starting
from October 1 of 1935. So if the assumptions are close then the tractor was possibly made
around the May, June, July of 1936 time frame.  That is as close as one is going to get
unless one were to work with Lyle Cherry's production records which shows how many were
actually made per month but not by serial number.  Or getting info at the JD Pavilion
Kiosks or Two Cylinder Magazine

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA

Four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty:
Soap, Ballot, Jury and Ammo.
Please use in that order.