[AT] Waay OT

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Sep 15 23:55:52 PDT 2012

Mike, I'm not sure but I think the thing is pretty much a "fly by wire" type
system.  No mechanical linkages and the computer maybe determines that you
can't shift gears under some conditions,
like down shifting or shifting to neutral at WOT.  That's just my guess.  If
that isn't the case then I agree that she should have been able to shift it
or cut it off or something but supposedly that is
not the case.  I still believe there is a possibility that she was just
panicked and not doing the right things even though she might have thought
she was.

Charlie