[AT] Rusting gas tank

Will Powell william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Fri Sep 14 03:57:29 PDT 2012

Yes, I have also tried the media inside of the tank. Used bb's. Actually made a tank rotisserie. It worked, kind of. Had to change the positioning of the tank to make the aggregate reach all surfaces... It was a pain. The Eastwood chemical etching did a better job. The eastwood kid did not include the muriatic acid which probably did the most cleaning.... Here's a link to the rotisserie in operation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXbwzKSOzd0&feature=share&list=UUHCiDPiz8phmGqEl7OvTLlA

A guy also told me that he took his motorcycle tanks, wrapped them in a blanket and put them in the dryer.... Another guy said he used draino....

Regards,

Will in SE PA.