[AT] Waay OT

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Thu Sep 13 16:47:22 PDT 2012

Larry Goss wrote:
> I'll do what I can, Dave.  It should be available with an on-line
> search.  The lady was headed north on an Interstate and led state
> troopers on a wild chase that lasted 58 minutes at speeds in excess
> of 100 miles per hour.  She was in contact via cell phone with a
> number of people during that time.  She finally was able to get
> slowed down by pulling up on the accelerator while pushing on the
> brakes simultaneously.  I'll send URL info when I find it.
>
> Larry

LOTS of newer vehicles use a transponder key these days. No real
ignition switch just a fob or a fob with a tab that looks like a USB
plug that you just stick in a socket. They can be pure he11 for
fire/ambulance folks because most will work as long as they are within
3-4 feet of the car! Nothing like thinking your OK and having the engine
start cranking due to a problem with the button or fob!

Our policy on most vehicles is open the hood and cut the battery cables.
Works OK till you get a vehicle that doesn't have the battery under the
hood, Or hybrids that can easily kill you if you cut the H.V. feed to
the motor.

--
Steve W.