[AT] Waay OT

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Thu Sep 13 12:33:01 PDT 2012

Herb Metz wrote:
> Hope this thread also serves as a reminder to have a spare key secured to
> each vehicle where the key is readily accessible (for whatever reason (s)).
> Barbara and I initiated this when our sons started driving; and occasionally
> one of us will have to get out that emergency key.  Main thing is
> remembering to put key back after using it.
> Ron, enjoy your Chevy Suburban;  we have several friends who are Suburban
> owners, all are very enthused Suburban owners.
> Herb

I do this myself. I will trim the key down if it is one of the large
rubber ones. Then apply good double stick tape to it and stuff it behind
a trim panel or similar. One of my favorite places it to stuff it inside
the wiper arm behind the spring. VERY out of the way and not a common
place for a thief to look.

--
Steve W.