[AT] JD A manifold

Tyler Juranek tylerpolkaman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:39:56 PDT 2012

Hey Guys,
I have my 1936 JD A that was my great grandpa's. For a long time, my
dad has been telling me that it doesn't sound right idoling or at full
throttle going down the road.
I had two mechanics come over and check it out, and they say that the
manifold is leaking on both sides.
One mechanic told me it'd cost about $1000 to $1200 to get it fixed,
because the head needs pulled off, etc.
Supposedly it needs remachined and a new gasket put on.
Does anyone know if a new gasket on both sides of the manifold will do the job?
Also, on full throttle for about 10 minutes it will shoot out flames
about 6 to 18 inches high out of the exhaust pipe.
After being at Carston farms last weekend, and hearing some of those
unstyled A's, it's pretty obvious that mine isn't running right, so I
decided I better get my butt in gear and get it runnin good.
The carb is new, and mag is rebuilt.
Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Take Care,
Tyler J

--
Check out my youtube channel, and spread the word!
http://www.youtube.com/tylerthetechy/