[AT] Off Topic, Logging property

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Sun Sep 9 15:30:28 PDT 2012

To quote Dave Ramsey "the only ship that won't sail is a partnership".
Maybe a bit stronger than I would be but for sure business relationships
with family are fraught with dangers.

I agree with the idea of getting an unbiased (and a financially
uninvolved second opinion on the logging plan.

It might be true that removing some of the less productive trees at this
time could maximize the return over time.  It could also be that this is
telling someone what they wish to hear. And yes I would investigate to
possibilities for some tax relief.  Don't expect the taxing authorities
to act in your best interest - that is your job.

David
NW NC

On 9/9/2012 8:00 AM, Cecil R Bearden wrote:
> A good lesson for all of us to be learned.  Never partner with kinfolk.
>     Better yet, never partner at all....
>
> Cecil in OKla
>
> On 9/9/2012 6:27 AM, jtchall at nc.rr.com wrote:
>> All the posts on this are great solutions.
>> I'm with Cecil, get a free unbiased opinion. Also, if you guys really want
>> to hold onto it for a while, see if there are any cost-share programs
>> through the forestry service of USDA that would help replant some of the
>> trees. One other thing I would do if you haven't already, have it classed as
>> a tree farm which should put your property taxes really low (at least it
>> will in my area).
>>
>> John Hall

>>> 15 years. She's says she needs the money and that a forester said we