[Farmall] M&W pump

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Wed Sep 5 04:37:08 PDT 2012

Kevin,

What I had planned to do was bring the #1 cylinder to TDC and verify that
the rotor on the existing distributor was in the #1 firing position. Then
I was going to remove the distributor and the distributor drive extension.
Next was to set the upright distributor to the #1 firing position and make
sure it would line up properly with the drive gear before bolting it on.
That should get me right on as far as the timing, or pretty darn close.
Haven't really looked to see if there are timing marks on the pump drive
gear, but then I haven't had all the parts I needed until now (pump,
reservoir, valves, hoses, etc).  Still have to make a support for the
reservoir and something to mount the valves on.

The bracket that was sent with the pump is something I just can't seem to
figure out. I've looked the pump over real good to see if I could find any
indications that it was attached to the pump in any way and don't see any
indication that it was ever bolted to it. Tried looking at the engine
block in the general area of where the pump would be and can't see
anyplace where it might be connected to the block with the plates bolt
hole pattern. Guess I'll just worry about that after I get the pump on.
Maybe it was something the seller put in the shipping box by mistake.

I've gone on line and looked for manuals, but haven't been able to find
anything anywhere, in any condition, for any price. I've looked for
pictures of installed live pumps, but haven't seen any for the pump I
have, just for the ones that are installed in place of the distributor
drive extension using the original distributor.

Carl Szabelski

The Borg Are Wrong, Resistance Is Not Futile ..... It's Voltage / Current