[Farmall] M&W pump

Kevin Bish krsky at windstream.net
Wed Sep 5 03:54:31 PDT 2012

Carl,
no we don't have any instructions for the pump installation either. The pump
doesn't have to be timed, but you have to time the distributor to the
engine, as you already know. Bring number one cylinder up on top dead
center, and then the rotor inside the distributor should point to the number
#1 spark plug tower, on the cap, when you install it. I don't know about the
triangular bracket to support the pump. If you find any information about
that, let me know.
 I still haven't found any information about parts for the M&W pumps. I just
sold one to a friend, and when he put it on, the pump was leaking back
through into the distributor housing. He took it back off, and we had a shop
check it out. They just called me last night, and told me there isn't
anything any good inside the pump. I gave him a Behlen live hydraulic pump
to use for now, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the other M&W
pump, if I can't get parts for it anywhere. I am a new and used tractor
parts dealer,and Farmall parts salvage yard, but can't find anything about
parts for these pumps?
Kevin.