[AT] OT - computer problem

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Oct 22 05:13:46 PDT 2012

I used HP printers for years and was really  happy with them.  I did
inspection work and I needed for the colors to be correct.  My last HP
printer was one of those all in ones that was supposed to make disc
labels also.  If I power surge, it would have to be unplugged to reset,
turning it off with the switch would not work.  I would try to make a
copy and it would have to regenerate for over 2 hours.  I once tried to
make a copy and it said it was restarting, and I left and came back 4
hours later and it was still restarting.  I unplugged it and it
restarted and worked.  It also used ink like I was buying it in
gallons.  Every other day I would have to install some HP update for the
printer...    I bought an Epson.  I cut my ink usage by 2/3 !!!   The
only negative comment I have on the Epson is that it stop[s scanning
into PDF after about 100 copies, and you have to buy a software
package.  I bought a pdf editor for $20 last year and I just use it
instead  of the supplied software .  The epson works great..
..Cecil in OKla