[AT] My Stupid JD A again

Tyler Juranek tylerpolkaman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 12:21:14 PDT 2012

Hi All,
Thanks for the messages.
My father restored this tractor about 4 years ago.
However, the tractor sat in storage for 3 years. When we went to pick
it up, the mag was dead, carb was dirty, etc.
We took it to a guys shop and he rebuilt the mag, carb, etc and got it
runnin for us.
I think after we get this other A home we are going to take it back
there and have him do the work on the manifold.
He said if we get it fixed, then that good ol deere will run good as new.
Also, the nice thing about it is that he is all about making it
perfect. So, if she don't run good, it's not done. We will go get it
when he says it's perfect!
Also, my A is not a tricycle model, it has two wheels on the front.
Flat spoke rims on the back.
I also plan to have the guy readjust the carb. It is way to rich!
After that, I plan to save a couple hundred bucks and buy me a plow so
I can work the damn thing a few times a year or somethin.
I wish you could actually farm with these things today, but instead of
keeping the equipment universal, its got to get so complex.
Despite the fact I can't see, I plan on being some kind of tractor
mechanic. When people tell me I can't do something, it motivates me
even more to find a way!
If you look at it, I've drivin a car, a pickup, tractors, and I've
even flown an airplane!
When I was three months, there was a doctor who told my parents I'd
never drive a car or fly an airplane. Circumstances are looking like I
might get a chance to go and see that doctor again.
As soon as he walks in, I'm going to look him straight in the eye and
say, "Sir, I have proven you wrong dozens and dozens of times!"
Not trying to brag about it, but I absolutely feel extreme motivation
when people tell me, "There is no way you are ever going to be able to
do that by yourself!"
More and more people keep telling me that, and about 99% of the time,
I've found a way!
I'll keep you all posted about my Great Grandfathers JD A.
Take Care,
Tyler J

On 10/6/12, charlie hill <charliehill at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> Tyler,  I think your sighted friend has a reason to freak out.  I admire
> what you do given your
> limitations but I fear you don't see the danger you are in some times.
> Having a tractor pulling
> a wagon stall out going up a hill is a recipe for disaster in more ways than
>
> one.  If it ever starts
> to roll backwards down the hill you are in big trouble.
>
> I think your Dad may be right.  Your machine seems to need a lot of
> attention and that takes time, skill and money.
> Keep at it.  You'll figure it out.

>>> for quite a while. You would be surprised how much carbon would be blown