[AT] OT - computer problem

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Oct 21 13:10:16 PDT 2012

Mike,

There s/b a boot disk that came along with the original software. Then either a restart
via the start button or turn the power off for at least 10 seconds. It might be a good
idea to unplug the power cord for at least 10 seconds too. Make sure you have the boot
disk in the cd drive before you try to restart or power up again.  There may have been a
windows update that didn't load properly or you got a virus somehow. If you are able to
get it up at all and it isn't running right you might want to try to go back a couple
versions on the Windows updates to try to get around the problem. And/Or run your
antivirus software and scan the whole disk.  If you can get back up and on-line but it
still runs slowly I would recommend downloading this software which can be used to clean
up your system a bit :

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

FYI,

My system has been attacked several times this week by either a virus or some type of
Trojan horse program. Fortunately my antivirus software has stopped the attacks. Maybe one
of these attacks got through to your system.

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA

Four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty:
Soap, Ballot, Jury and Ammo.
Please use in that order.