[AJD] 1950 AR

Tommy Wilson t17wilson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 04:56:05 PDT 2012

My tractors have been neglected recently but I've gotten them all running
now since I've retired and moved to Boones Mill, VA, which is south of
Roanoke! I ran the AR today and used it to pull some apple trees and
confirmed what I have long suspected, the governor is not working. The only
power it has is just from the available RPMs, it does not "reach down" and
get any more power. However if I reach forward and work the throttle linkage
where it attaches to the governor it will increase the RPMs. My question is,
is the likely issue just that the governor balls are frozen and not moving
or could there be a more serious problem. I suspect that I'll take the four
bolts and the cover on the side of the governor off and see what it looks
like inside. Anything I should try first or after I take the cover off?
Thanks in advance.

Tommy Wilson

Boones Mill, VA

1948 Farmall Cub