[AT] My Stupid JD A again

Tyler Juranek tylerpolkaman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 12:44:07 PDT 2012

Hi Charly,
I've had multiple mechanics tell me that the manifold needs remachined
with a new gasket put on it.
My father bought another A and he says that "That's the one that'll
run!" He also said that we could put his A and my A drawbar to drawbar
and mine will quit in an instant.
My neighbor has a two bottom pull type plow in his shed, maybe I'll
have to go over and see if I can borrow it so I can work the damn
thing.
Problem of it is we have calvs in our field on stocks right now, so
there is nothing to plow.
Perhaps I need to find a 4 inch augger someware and put it on and run
it for a day or two.
There is also a neighborhood about 2 miles away that has one hell of a big hill.
When I pulled a hayrack full of people up it, the damn thing decided
it needed a nap, so I bet you can guess what happened!
Of course that was in road gear, and I suppose if I would've put it in
first gear, maybe I would've made it.
Maybe it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and take it up that hill a few
times a day in road gear.
Problem is, the sighted person that tells me what way to turn freeks
out if it quits.
Is that a good idea?
Take Care,
Tyler J