[AT] IH Grain Binder, now corn planting

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 6 04:31:18 PDT 2012

I've never seen the shucking gloves you guys have mentioned, but I have seen
and used what dad referred to as a shucking peg (I think). It was a piece of
sheet metal with one end bent and pointed with a leather loop that would fit
over 2 or 3 fingers. The 2 we have are only about 20 years old, bought them
at a now closed hardware/farm supply store.

Hard to imagine corn planted almost 3 feet apart. Riding by on the highway
it appears to be planted around 8-12" apart these days.

John Hall