[AT] My Stupid JD A again

Tyler Juranek tylerpolkaman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:35:27 PDT 2012

Hi all,
I hate to keep bugging this list, but my JD A is acting up again.
First, I haven't had time to work on the manifold, we don't have the
tools to do it.
However, how do I know if it is runnin on 1 cylinder?
Last time, I took the plugs out, and I mean, these suckers were coded
with soot. If you saw it, you'd think you were playin a scratch
tickit.
I cleaned them with a wire brush.
Then, I took one of those fat paint brushes with long bristles and
stuck it into the plug holes. Each time, I pulled out a boatload of
soot!
After that, I put the plugs back in, covers and bars on, gave er a
wirl and she run on both cylinders!
So the other night, I backed it into the shed, and it sounded like it
was runnin on 1 again.
So, I did the same procedure, accept I didn't clean the holes because
I lost my brush somehow.
So I put it back together and started it, but it still sounds like it
is runnin on 1.
When I open the petcock on the belt pulley side, it makes a Phh, Phh, Phh sound.
On the other side by the flywheel, that petcock makes a phh
phhphhphhphhphhphhphhphhphhphhphh sound constantly.
Shouldn't they be even if it is runnin on both cylinders?
Any other suggestions to try besides cleaning the plugs and plug holes?
Is there a way to get the plug holes totally cleaned out, so that all
soot is gone?
Thank you,
Tyler J

--
Check out my youtube channel, and spread the word!
http://www.youtube.com/tylerthetechy/