[AT] IH Grain Binder

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Oct 3 07:57:10 PDT 2012

yep it's the same story.  Actually some of the ex-tobacco farmers here are
making a living now days tending grain.   They grow corn followed by wheat
that they harvest.  Prior to harvest or just after they sow or drill the
wheat field with soy beans.  I think some are following wheat with Milo
(grain sorghum) also.  This kind of rotation gets 3 crops in 2 years.   With
current grain prices they are doing ok.
Big equipment means relatively low labor inputs.

Charlie