[AT] OT - How a steam locomotive gets built in 1935

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Sun Nov 18 16:07:15 PST 2012

Just our of curiosity, folks, does anyone know of an American-made locomotive that had four cylinders like the one that was featured in that video?  There were two crank throws inboard of the front wheels, and two out-board of them.  All the American designs had the connecting rod go to the second pair of wheels so all the cylinders had to be out-board of the wheels -- except for the Shay's.  Is that right?  This only came up today because I'm bringing all the G-gauge rolling stock out of storage before the grandkids get here for Thanksgiving, and I got curious.

Larry