[AT] B&S engine oil

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 11 12:53:40 PST 2012

On 11/11/2012 11:21 AM, Ken Knierim wrote:
> I've seen
> the results of engines treated with Mobil 1 (factory crosshatching still on
> the cylinder walls after 180K miles on a 4 banger).
I have a '8 Dodge 318 I bought new.  I use Castrol synthetic changed
with filter every 10,000 miles.   It had 198,000 when a leaking fuel
rail caused an engine fire.  The interior of the engine is clean with no
sludge and hone marks still visible on the cylinder walls. This engine
has run from the deserts of Southern California to the shores of the
Atlantic and many places between towing a 7500# travel trailer.  I hope
to rebuild the engine this winter when I can stand up again.

--
Don Bowen           AD0BR
"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom."