[AT] B&S engine oil

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Sat Nov 10 18:32:30 PST 2012

The amount of oil in an engine really DOES make a difference because of the heat dissipation.  There was a classic mistake made by one of the auto manufacturers a few years ago where they designed and  built a "hot little car" that had a marginal oil sump.  If you happened to let the oil level run as little as a half quart low, the oil would overheat, the additives burn out, and the engine would self-destruct.  I think it was a GM product, but I can't remember the name.

Larry