[AT] OT Hello

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 27 16:44:56 PST 2012

There is a little bit of corn left, quite a few beans. A lot of the milo has
been cut but everyone with double crop is at a standstill. Wheat planting is
about done, although the granary had more seed due in this week.

The remarkable thing is all the land that was in CRP acres has been pulled
out. 25 years ago nobody would plant it if you let them have it rent free.
Now folks are almost fighting for it. Lots of wheat planted this fall--it is
probably up 3x's in my county. I've seen guys running modern equipment, and
some guys running a fleet of 40 year old tractors, none of them are local.

John