[AT] Was: Polarity - now Gray Crud NAA

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Thu Nov 22 22:08:56 PST 2012

Good consensus, it stays negative ground.

Got the NAA running today, first run in over a year.

One of the issues was a bunch of gray crud in the sediment bowl,
and some over in the carb. Very fine battleship gray powder
that cakes up in gas into a hard pack that's hard to remove.

I run real gas when available, but it's seen some ethanol.

I've seen ethanol turn into white foamy stuff before,
but this gray chalk stuff is new to me.

Any guesses what it might be?

Hope it's not dissolving the Zamac!

I was planning to use it, but now the 3 pt has called in sick...!
Plan to try to get a hyd kit tomorrow if the NH dealer is open.

Dave Merchant