[AT] OT - How a steam locomotive gets built in 1935

Joe Hazewinkel jahaze at aol.com
Mon Nov 19 10:50:37 PST 2012

Just a quick note as to why we need these safety guys.  Six months ago my brother-in-law was using a hand grinder at a shop without a guard on it.  Don't know who took it off, but it was used by several guys in the shop.  Anyway, while using it, the disk shattered and sliced through his wrist, severing most of the tendons, and several veins.  He has now lost the complete use of his right hand.  Boss let him go, no use for a one handed mechanic.

Don't know how it will play out, but the $300/month he gets from workmans comp isn't enough to raise a family on.

Enjoy, Joe

Sent from my iPhone just for you