[AT] OT - How a steam locomotive gets built in 1935

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 18 15:19:23 PST 2012

On Nov 18, 2012, at 7:49 AM, charlie hill wrote:

> ... the MSHA man went
> into a shop and fined the operator 7,000 bucks because a trash can
> was full, ...

Seems to me that in the past, and in some communities, that sort of
fellow would be invited on a night time trip out into the swamp with
no return transportation offered.

Some things matter and some things don't.  I remember a story about a
US Navy destroyer which had boiler room overhaul in the West Pacific.
The local shipyard had supplied and used the wrong bolts to fasten
1200 pound steam line flanges together.  They let go, 7 fellows died,
and in keeping with Naval tradition, the commanding officer was
relieved and his career was over.  He really had no way of knowing.

It was not a full trash can at all.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net