[AT] OT - How a steam locomotive gets built in 1935

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 18 05:55:40 PST 2012

On 11/17/2012 10:47 PM, joehardy at epix.net wrote:
> Hi Rich! I enjoyed watching that video & brought me back to the old locomotive shop that I used to work in.

A month ago I had to make a sudden trip to California to help out a very
good friend.  He started his machinist career at the South San Francisco
Bayside facility for SP in the early 50s.  He spent the bulk of his
career at the United Airlines shops at SFO.  I like to get him talking
about the railroad shops and enjoyed the tour of the UA facility.

--
Don Bowen           AD0BR
"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom."