[AT] HATS was Re: OT - How a steam locomotive gets built in 1935

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 18 04:25:53 PST 2012

I know what you mean about the hood holding onto the hat, aggravating to say
the least. For being outside in really cold weather, I've got a hat made
with 3M thinsulate material (or something like that). It's got a flap that
folds down and covers your ears and the back of your neck. Great for tractor
driving but if you are running a chainsaw or hiking up a big hill snow
sledding, it gets hot quick!

I remember 1 or 2 customers of the IH dealer dad worked for wearing the
plastic turtle shells.

I've started getting more free hats in recent years--stuff that is actually
decent looking. Maybe the folks I do business with are feeling sorry for my
balding head?

John Hall