[AT] B&S engine oil

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Nov 10 15:31:24 PST 2012

I don't understand the argument at all.  I thought the purpose of multi-vis
oil was to maintain it's viscosity better over the entire heat range rather
than be
to thick when it's cold or to thin when it's hot.

There was an argument going on around here where a lot of guys were saying
some change in the oil manufacturing recently related to environmental
issues
was causing premature engine wear.   A friend of mine has several collector
muscle cars and is buddies with a relatively famous drag race engine
builder.
He asked the engine builder about it, explained what he had heard and asked
what he should use in his newly built 396/375.   Garley laughed at him and
said
"oil".

Charlie