[AT] ATIS members

Will Powell william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Thu Nov 8 05:17:55 PST 2012

A relative of mine lost his job and got a job in a small equipment dealer as a repairman. I asked him what he did when an engine came in with gelled gasoline. He said they never tried to clean out or rebuild the carburetors, always ordered new ones.

I've been repairing small engines for about 40 years now. I clean my own carbs, and I've seen some bad ones.... Though, if I was going to make a business out of it I would surely have the customer get a new carb if it was an option.