[AT] Bearing interchange help

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Nov 7 18:59:01 PST 2012

My 617 New Holland disc mower has bit the dust again.   This time I am
putting in all new bearings and a new pinion gear in the gearbox.  I
have to nearly tear it complete apart to put the lower shaft in the
gearbox, so it is going to get a complete overhaul. The PO had trouble
with it during warranty and I think that the dealer tried to save a few
bucks and should have replaced the pinion.   They also have an update
for the complete pinion shaft and gears.  The NH dealer may be able to
shed some light on this. Anyhow, I don't want to pay  $30 each for a
simple tapered roller bearing, so I am trying to find a replacement.  I
have the NH part number, but cannot interchange it.
Any help would be appreciated.    I would rather not call the bearing
house and get a dumb look over the phone.  If I have the bearing number,
I get a lot better price.

Cecil in OKla