[AT] 560 D

Darrell Ratliff dbigdog at columbus.rr.com
Tue Nov 6 11:41:04 PST 2012

Tyler,
    If I were you I would talk with a local diesel mechanic concerning the injectors and pump.  He can tell you what is involved.  It is essential to bleed the air out of the system any time you work on the fuel supply components.  There are procedures in the manual for bleeding the system after filter changes etc.
    The glow plugs will sometimes burn out so a continuity check should give you some idea of whether they are functional.  As I recall, it takes about 45 – 60 seconds of pre-heat with the glow plugs before attempting a start.
    You can test the starter as you stated.  The 560 was a pretty decent tractor.  I believe the early ones had a drive train problem but I think it was corrected.  I don’t remember ever having a problem with ours.