[AT] July 1st

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Fri May 25 17:06:43 PDT 2012

The following is an email I sent to my clients today. I thought I would
share it with my atis friends...

To make a very long story (see
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/05/25/google-warns-hundreds-thousands-may-lose-internet-in-july/
 ) short...

The feds took down an international gang of internet hackers and, to keep
the infected PC's operational, the FBI substituted clean servers in place of
the rogue servers the hackers were using on the infected PC's.   Users most
likely never knew they were infected.  This ends July 1st.  When the feds
pull the plug on their servers, the infected users will find they have no
internet and will most likely start calling their local Internet Service
Providers to complain.

To make sure your PC is not infected, go to this site (yes, it's safe).
http://www.dcwg.org/detect/

You will see a grid on this site, click on the very 1st download option (for
the us).

Then click the green button to begin the test to see if your PC is infected.

HTH

Dick Day