[AT] Raised bed gardening - or not...

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Wed May 23 13:14:49 PDT 2012

Mike Meulenberg wrote:
> Thank you for the info on raised beds guys, I hope to get them
> installed this weekend. Wife has ordered the project be completed
> posthaste, so I better get busy before the heat hits on Monday.
> David, you mentioned working your beds after a rain. Do I still need
> to till a raised bed? Thanks, Mike M

Dirt is dirt, it still needs to get turned a bit. BUT if you mix it
right you can till it with a pitchfork. I till mine with an attachment
on the weed eater.

For many crops you can also put down weed block or plastic and plant
through that. Keeps weeds down and makes it easier to harvest as well.

--
Steve W.