[AT] As seen on TV: Balsters

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Sat May 19 14:12:29 PDT 2012

Charlie,
     Could be.  The lady is a retired school teacher living in Florida
and her brother is a chiropractor with his offices in Monticello, I
think.  Just north of Scotch Grove, anyway.  I am thinking they just
wanted the bucks and not the business.  They can make it and are not
worried about keeping the business going.  She said she thought their
dad would be happy the way things went.  I bet he is not, or he would
have sold it himself.  Balster's was on the internet.  It seems to me
that it would be easy to keep that business going, at least until the
inventory ran low, which looks to me would be at least another 50 years
or so.  But........if you do not want to be around to run it............

Ron Cook
Salix, IA