[Farmall] Farmall Cub - Noise in 1st Gear Under Load

Kurt Sharpe kurt.sharpe79 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 16:15:23 PDT 2012

I would start off by changing the oil. Its amazing how new oil changes the
sound. I agree with Al if it isnt grinding or clicking its probably just
wear. No big deal.

Kurt
On May 17, 2012 12:33 PM, "Roger Moffat" <rogerkiwi at aol.com> wrote:

> Hi All - is this thing still on?
>
> I have a Farmall Cub Serial 82115 that I've been using for some
cultivation yesterday. It doesn't get a whole lot of use - probably less
than 10 hours a year.

> It has quite a "noise" when under load in 1st gear - kind of
>
> wah wah wah noise.
>
> Does anyone know if this is likely to be one or other of the gears, or is
it maybe a bad bearing?

> There's plenty of oil, and it looks pretty clean from when I last changed
it - albeit that was probably more than 10 years ago.