[AT] Cub Cadet LT-1050 broken drive belt

Will Powell william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Tue May 15 06:56:06 PDT 2012

I don't have a Cub Cadet, but I have replaced many mower deck belts. I would start by cleaning everything up. I would then check that the blade bearings are not binding. Many times a blade bearing tightens up causing the belt to heat up and bust.

The main problem for me is working out the path of the belt. If you have a manual it should show you the path. If you understand how the belt feeds through the deck your half the way there.

Make sure all idler pulleys are also free spinning.

Also, when I get old mowers without manuals finding the belt becomes a challenge. If your dealer still sells the belt you're in good shape.

I'm sure someone will jump on that has the same mower and give you more specific help.

Regards,

Will (PA)
AC- C,CA,WD,WC,G,HD6G,D17