[AT] Cub Cadet LT-1050 broken drive belt

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Tue May 15 07:09:20 PDT 2012

Uhh.... Which belt, Howard?  The operator's manual and the stuff that is on-line is about the PTO belt that goes between the electric clutch and the mower deck.  That one is fairly simple, and is diagrammed very well.  But if you're talking about the drive belt that goes between the engine and transmission, that's a completely different story. As the manual says, you start by taking off a bunch of stuff that moves -- including the mower deck, and you block the emergency brake in the "on" position so you can hopefully route the belt through the movable idlers in the right path.  Some of the bolts are torqued to specific values and/or are exceptionally tight.  So which belt is broken?  FWIW, I spent some time doing warranty repair work on Cub Cadets at a dealership, and there were certain belts on particular models that were a real PITA to change.  FWIW, take it to a bonafide Cub Cadet dealership, not a Big Box store.

Larry