[AT] Cub Cadet LT-1050 broken drive belt

Howard Rawls howard at cconnect.net
Tue May 15 06:23:15 PDT 2012

Hello to all, I'm a long time lurker on this list and I finally have some problems that I need help with. My Cub Cadet Lt-1050 has broken the drive belt and it looks like a mean job to replace it. The operator's manual says to take it to the dealer for replacement, but I want to do it myself and save a few (lots?) bucks. Have any of you guys ever replaced one of these belts and can you give me any tips that might help me avoid unnecessary grief? Right now my mower is hanging vertically under my tool shed so it is easy to get to the bottom side.
 Thanks in advance for any advice!

Howard Rawls
howard at cconnect.net
Ernul, NC