[AT] Cub Cadet LT-1050 broken drive belt

Phil Auten pga2 at basicisp.net
Mon May 14 07:30:19 PDT 2012

Howard,
A while back I had to replace the drive belt on my LT-1045.
I removed the mower deck and deck belt. Then I could get to the drive
belt, but did not see any obvious way to remove it.
Then I looked closely at the engine and crank pulley. The hole in the
frame for the crankshaft is elongated, so I simply
removed the 4 bolts that mount the engine and slid it back as far as
possible. This gave enough slack to remove/replace
the belt. Of course, the mower was sitting on it's wheels, not
standing on it's tail.

Phil