[AT] Ford 5000 Hydraulic lift cylinder

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Tue May 1 10:43:01 PDT 2012

I would say the easiest repair would be to weld it back together. Bevel
the edges of both pieces Then use a stub of the same pipe size to line
up the threads and clamp the broken piece on. Use a torch to heat that
section of the casting then hit it with a high nickel rod. Tack it in
place. Then weld a small spot. Hammer the slag off and do another small
spot on the opposite side. Keep going till you get it welded back on.
Now before you let it cool unscrew the stub so it can shrink back as it
cools. Once done you could make a collar and braze it in place if you're
real concerned about the weld.

--
Steve W.