[AT] Chain saw sharpening

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 19:47:48 PDT 2012

If you have a Dremel tool, they make a saw sharpening attachment.  I
have one, but I don't use it unless I hit a rock or something.  A file
and guide work.  The guide just controls the depth of the cut, it rides
on top of the teeth, it keeps the right "hook" on the teeth.  You hove
to hold the file flat and at the right angle.  The trick is when the
chain just starts to dull, stop and sharpen it.  It should want to cut,
if you're pushing the saw into the cut, it's dull.  I use the
"dangerous" full chisel chain for clean work.  I think a saw that works
without fatigue is safer.  For fencing and brush work, where I will get
in the dirt, the round chain will last longer.

http://www.acetoolonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DRE-1453&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=Dremel1453ChainSawSharpeningAttachment&utm_content=Dremel1453ChainSawSharpeningAttachment&utm_campaign=googlebase&site=google_base&gclid=CLWEuJvRkq8CFcVgTAodeXIeqg