[AT] Chain saw sharpening

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Sat Mar 31 18:49:45 PDT 2012

Greetings.

I can get the chain sharpened locally for $18.  I've seen manual file sets that mount on the bar and allow you to sharpen the chain. I've also seen electric, both 12-volt and 110.   The reviews I've read about the electric ones are quick to point out that the cheap ones don't last. I cannot justify $150 and up for a decent one, so I figured I would try my hand at manual sharpening.

I have an 18" electric Worx chain saw and love it.  The specifics of the chain are gauge=.05  length=18"  links=63  pitch=3/8"

Can anyone suggest what I should get to sharpen the chain?

Thanks

Dick Day