[AT] Culverts

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon Mar 26 18:14:45 PDT 2012

Dad has told me before that he would cash the checks after carrying a load
of tobacco out of town before he left that town so the banks back here
wouldn't give him any trouble. Back in the 50's he would haul loads that had
5-6 tenants tobacco on the truck. He would not put the money in his wallet,
generally in a buttoned shirt pocket or hid in the truck. I doubt that would
have helped much, it would have been quite obvious what you were up to when
you left the bank and climbed in a big old farm truck with a bunch of sack
sheets in the back.

John Hall