[AT] winter projects?

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Mar 25 11:16:38 PDT 2012

Charlie, the only thing I have left for sale is a stalk cutter. I rescued it
about 30 years ago on a very cold winter day--at least it was cold riding
that 4020 down the highway in 35 deg. weather. The cutter had been pushed
down an embankment. It suffered some slight bending and twisting, especially
the wheels. I never did anything with it, just added it to our constantly
growing collection of old iron. Until I decided to sell it, I didn't know
how bad it was. We had to straighten up one of the wheels and heat and twist
one of the spindles. The seat was a big mess so we straightened it out as
best as possible. We robbed all the grease cups and the forks used to
guide/straighten the crop--those items were put on my grandfathers. This one
could be used  with some more TLC, but it would be a lot easier to find
another one under a shed somewhere that only needed oiling up and maybe a
new tongue.

You looking for anything in particular in case I should run across something
else?

John