[AT] Culverts

Ron Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Sun Mar 25 10:50:44 PDT 2012

In western Iowa, a culvert is a culvert.  However, when I worked for the
Soil Conservation Service, the corrugated steel tube spillway/outlet for
an earthen dam was referred to by the contractors as a "tin whistle".
Sort of looked like a whistle with no finger holes in it, I guess.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA