[AT] winter projects?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Mar 25 08:52:19 PDT 2012

On 3/25/2012 7:23 AM, Mike Sloane wrote:

> Since Winter didn't officially end until 3/20, I guess I should include
> about the only thing I accomplished with tractors this season:

Been a record breaking winter here and I didn't even have to install the
snowblower on the Cockshutt 40 so it had an easy winter. The old IH B110
pickup that I drove into the workshop last fall to work on I have made a
little progress. Front brakes had a leaking cylinder and I shopped
around for a new one, then decided to try cleaning up the old one and
see how that goes. Still working on the signal lights without much success.
Gave up on replacing the bearing in the ancient Case hammer mill and
have been working on the even older (but less used) IHC hammer mill.
Turned all the hammers on the shafts and got them swinging freely. A
friend who is a wizard with sheet metal repaired the rusted out metal on
the air duct and I did a little crude welding and metal replacement on
the rest of it. I'm just about ready to switch places with the old Case
mill and give this IH a try.
Snow is mostly gone in this part of Sask.
About a month early I'd say.

Ralph in Sask.