[AT] winter projects?

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Mar 25 05:31:10 PDT 2012

I posted this back at Thanksgiving and thought since the list is practically
dead, maybe some of you would like to give updates on how you did on your
winter project to do list?

I still haven't made my sprayer, re-worked my dump trailer,  worked on the
3300 combine, or replaced the hydraulic seal in the Farmall M.

The Cadet Original left the shop in time to be a Christmas present.
The Ford truck got all new gas lines.
The one Super A in need of attention got what it needed.

We also learned about the vacuum governor on a Ford Dexta. We spent quite a
bit of time on a Cub Cadet 1650 that had seen a LOT of use to get it ready
for spring. Got a Jari walk behind sickle mower back ready for action--those
things are pretty cool!

Dads DC Case got a new starter gear as well as got the brakes cleaned up.

We decided to thin the herd of horse drawn equipment so we got my
grandfathers horse drawn hay rake and stalk cutter back into useable
condition. This actually took quite a bit of time as neither piece has seen
a shed since the 40's. I also got another hay rake and stalk cutter ready to
sell for yard ornaments--sold the rake, need to put the stalk cutter on
Craigslist. My grandfathers equipment will stay along with 2 sickle mowers
and a riding cultivator. I also sold another sickle mower we had put back
into useable condition.

I bought a small grain cart (175 bushel capacity) at auction that needs some
minor work.

Now that is warming up I'll probably start on the combine and welding
projects.  All 3 of those projects will require the door to be up and I'm
just not a fan of cold weather.

So, how did you guys do on your list of winter shop projects?

John Hall