[Farmall] low ash oil

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 07:48:34 PDT 2012

John,

This from Mobil on their web site:

Question:
What Are the Benefits of Low Ash Oil?
What are the benefits of using "low ash" oil? I have some Mobil 1 low
ash for my Mercedes diesel. Can it be used elsewhere?
-- Lawrence Yont, State College, PA

Answer:
Low ash oils typically are used for diesel vehicles that have a DPF
(Diesel Particulate Filter) so the carryover oil that makes it into
the exhaust system does not foul the particulate filter.  We recommend
you use the low ash oils for these applications. In the future, low
ash oils will probably become more of a standard and will be
acceptable for use in other applications as well.

I know we all have our favorites, but the above does not make it seem
a benefit for gasoline engines.

Charlie V.