[AT] Vicon rake - penetrating oil test

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Mon Mar 12 08:47:44 PDT 2012

I ran into an interesting problem in this regard yesterday afternoon.  I went over to our church with my trailer so I could pick up a Snapper Comet and bring it home for service, but the padlock on the yard barn was rust-welded.  The cylinder would turn, but the hasp was frozen solid.  All I had available in the way of tools was a tire iron. I finally pulled the dipstick out of the engine of the truck, and used a couple drops of oil from that to free it up so it was operational.  This is one of those things that isn't supposed to ever be a problem, but it was.

Larry