[AT] Vicon rake

Stuart Harner stuart at harnerfarm.net
Sun Mar 11 20:07:29 PDT 2012

Last Fall I rescued an old wheel rake from the scrap man at a local auction.

It was advertised as a New Holland.  It had spent many years in the weeds
and mud.  Tires were rotted and the tines were stuck in the dirt.  Although
the tines showed little wear, the biggest problem was just old age rust.

The name plate has the following on it:

VICON

NIEUW  VENNEP-HOLLAND

SERIE No:  40018. 0157

There were pieces of a decal that said Mustang on the main support arm.

The rake wheels all rotate smoothly.  The ground wheels rotate fine, the
tires are rotted off.  The pivot points are all rusted tight, as is the
telescoping height adjustments on the ground wheels.

Through the use of lots of penetrating oil and some heat, I have managed to
get some of the joints loose.  Lots more work to be done.  I would like to
take it all apart, sand blast and repaint, then put it to use.  Preferably
behind my AC WD.

Internet searching has turned up that VICON is still in business, but not in
Holland anymore.  I cannot find any information about older models of rakes.
I think this one may be as old as the 1950's?

If anyone has any information or ideas where I can find information on this
old rake, please let me know.  I can send pictures if anyone is interested
in what it looks like.

Thanks,

Stuart

Mandan, ND