[AT] Belts?

Brian VanDragt bvandragt at comcast.net
Sat Jun 30 20:27:56 PDT 2012

After rebulding the engine in a JD 730 Diesel, I started it with a belt from
a JD 720 Diesel.  I used the belt instead of the electric starter on the 730
because the fuel system needed to be bled and I didn't want to crank it that
long with the starter.  The pulleys on both tractors are crowned so
alignment wasn't a problem.  The tractors were parked facing each other with
a twist in the belt to make the pulley turn the right way.

Brian